QA Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF)
Over a 5 day period, candidates will build an understanding of the specific roles and responsibilities related to planning, delivering and reviewing inclusive training sessions.
Topics covered include: maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment, ways to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment, assessing learners and providing constructive and developmental feedback.
Successful candidates will leave with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to prepare them for teaching in a wide range of contexts, in environments such as Further Education (FE) Colleges, Local Authorities or independent training
Roles and responsibilities in education and training.
Ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment Relationships between teachers and other professionals
Boundaries between the teaching role and other professionals
Points of referral to meet the individual needs of learners
Inclusive teaching, including:
• Ways to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment
• Creating an inclusive teaching and learning plan
• Justifying own selection of teaching and learning approaches, resources and assessment methods in relation to individual learner needs
• Delivering inclusive teaching and learning to meet individual needs
• Evaluating the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning including areas for improvement
• Using teaching and learning approaches to meet learner needs
• Communicating with learners in a way that meets their needs
Understanding assessment in education and training
• Different methods of assessment and how they can be adapted to meet individual learner needs
• How to involve learners and others in the assessment process
• The role and use of constructive feedback
• Record keeping of assessments